Thursday, September 2, 2010

Down on the Farm

A few weeks ago we had a fun time with our friends Chad, Jennifer and Hudson! They had been living in PA for the last few years - so we had yet to meet their newest addition Hudson. Her parents live here in town and so they invited us over while they were in town for the weekend. We had hamburgers and went swimming and even got to feed cows! Yes, I did feel slightly guilty eating hamburgers and then going to hang out with cows. But I got over it. Hamburgers are too tasty not to.
Mason and Hudson had a blast running around the yard and watching Mike throw the kong for the dogs. Here are some pics from the farm!

Mason, Hudson and the dogs

Mike throwing the kong for the dog. I LOVE Hudson's arms in this one. He is so excited!

Running after the dog. SO CUTE.

Ridin' in the back of the gator to go feed some cows!

Cows. They were hungry!

Mason checkin out the bull. Or maybe it was the bull who was checkin out Mason.

Due to some slight negligible parenting (I'm not naming names. But if I were it would start with an M and end with an ike), Mason shared some dinner with the cows. Yes, he munched on one of the pellets they have for cow food. He survived.


And, last but certainly not least... a temper tantrum. I wanted to get a picture of Mason and Hudson. Mason did not want to get a picture of Mason and Hudson. I won (as is always the rule in our house). Even though it is not an attractive picture. I did get the picture. haha.
Hudson is looking at Mason like, "dude, get a grip." Which is often what I mumble under my breath to Mason.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That last one's hilarious! "Get a grip" is right! I'm constantly telling this to Ruby right now.

The Brackeens said...

You crack me up! I wish we could see that picture of the kiddos running after the dog closer. I think Mason was clapping. They were having a blast! I didn't know he ate one of those ranes cubes. Yuck. You are sweet to act like Hudson was the angel in the picture. In reality, the last thing they wanted to do was sit still and they were both trying to run away. I often tell Hudson to "pull himself together" during his tantrums. I guess he doesn't understand yet...I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't obey. :) ha.