I am totally irritated with the newscaseters here in DFW. They blow everything WAY out of proportion when it comes to weather. When there are a few snow flurries, suddenly all regular programming is interrupted for "Blizzard '08" coverage. They have reporters all over the city giving minute by minute updates on nothing.
Today I was sitting on my bed with the windows open just enjoying the rain and happily typing away on my laptop when the tornado sirens started sounding. I immediately jumped up and began gathering a flashlight, some water, extra clothes and my phone to take cover. I run to the tv to find out just how long I have until the tornado reaches my neighborhood. I turn on the tv and guess what? There's no tornado. There might be a tornado at some point, so they went ahead and sounded the sirens. What? Seriously? I then remembered all the times they sounded the sirens for no-show tornadoes in the past.
Maybe the 10 years I spent living in Oklahoma influenced my outlook, but up there, no tornado sirens sound unless a tornado is ON THE GROUND. So, if in the future I am blown away by a tornado here in Texas, blame the weather-people. They have perfected the idea of "crying wolf."

2 comments:
That is funny, but please don't fly away in a tornado. I bet Jake would be a better weather forecaster than the doofas' on TV. They really do just GUESS!
That's hilarious Amy! I guess you can be Dorothy and Jake will be Toto! lol I'll see you in Munchkin land! Haha! Come by and see my new post! Micky also added a comment if you want to check it out. He is telling his side of the story! Should be interesting!
Post a Comment