Monday, March 10, 2008

Michelle the Southern Belle


I had a great weekend when my twin sister, Michelle, came for a visit. She has been my best friend since I was a senior in high school. We used to go around telling people we were twins and that I was born with a pigment problem. Michelle lives in Georgia now and we get together once a year for lots of laughs and fun.



While she was here we did some shopping (of course) and went to the fort worth zoo! We also met up with another college friend named Shep who gave us a tour of his urban-chic downtown Dallas loft. We ate dinner right across the street at a delicious restaraunt named The Iron Cactus. Michelle thought we could actually eat cactus there. She was a bit disappointed to find out otherwise.


The trip here was a bit chaotic because she was to fly in the night of the crazy blizzard (Thurs). Most of the flights had been canceled for the evening, but miraculously her's wasn't! At 9 pm I ventured out of my warm little house and battled the cold to go pick her up. I wasn't sure how the roads would be but I didn't have any problems driving on them.



As always we had a blast! We love to laugh and do a lot of it when we are together. Here are some of the more memorable pictures from the oh-so-short trip:



3 comments:

Kelli said...

The picture of Michelle "kissing" an elephant butt made me belly laugh! Tell that girl hi for me. Is she living in Atlanta? Because I'm about to move back there...

Michelle said...

I should definitely read your blogs more! I didn't even know you wrote about this! I'm still in the ATL! Let me know when you get here!

Michelle said...

EXCLAMATION POINT!