Sunday, April 27, 2008

Top 10

In honor of the end of law school (finals start Tuesday!), I have decided to list my top 10 favorite moments from law school:

10. My study buddy Heather - at the last minute - saves me from setting the school wide fire alarm off when I almost walked through the emergency exit door.
9. My cell phone goes off in Judge Spurlock's lecture.
8. My friend Adam saves me from getting run over by a speeding car in front of the law school!!!
7. The day I choked on water so badly I LITERALLY couldn't breath. It was during a lecture and I was 1 second away from jumping up in the middle of the lecture and making the universal sign for choking when I coughed it up...which was still really embarassing!
6. After being called on like 40 consecutive times (despite the professor claiming he used a random name generator) I blew up and and yelled, "I have no idea what the answer is! Why would I know the answer to that!?" I was the class hero that day.
5. Professor Alton, during roid rage screaming, "Did I say questions were welcome?! No one raises their hands! In fact, sit on your hands!"
4. Professor Alton, later the same day, verbally abuses a student so badly the student leaves class. Alton then follows up with, "Anyone else??!!" I almost cried! It was crazy!
3. Heather saves me from getting crushed between the movable bookshelves when the safety sensor doesn't trip!!
2. Getting to go to Washington DC to see the SUPREME COURT!!!
AND....drum roll please, the most memorable moment of law school is:

1. Civ Pro final review - this one is for you Heather! During a boring lecture we were looking at pictures of interesting tattoos online - I thought I was looking at a tattoo of a clover on a VERY hairy chest. I thought the tattoo artist had just shaved the area where he was putting the tattoo. I said "Hey Heather look at how hairy this guys chest is!" When I turned back to look at the picture, I realized it wasn't someone's chest. It was, ahem, male genitalia. I gasped and we laughed so hard we cried.

3 comments:

The Brackeens said...

So funny!!! You are hilarious, girl! I can't believe you are almost finished. Congratulations!!! Bet you thought you'd never make it. Now to pay off that tuition...fun, fun, fun. I think the choking story was my favorite...hard to choose. Miss you guys.

The Brackeens said...

No, I change my mind. I can't believe you had the balls to do #6, but you go girl!!!

hkhines said...

This was the best walk down memory lane. I applaud this list and all you have accomplished. We walk the stage in a few short days ;).