Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

In honor of mother's day, I thought I would dedicate this blog entry to my mom.
Ma, thanks for being such a great mother! I have so many great memories of you. The choices you made in living your life have shaped many aspects of my life.
Growing up my mom had 2 favorite television shows she would ALWAYS watch. Perry Mason (about a criminal defense attorney) and The Big Valley (a western). Mom, your choice of television shows may have been the biggest influence on my life. I must have subconsiously thought there were only 2 interesting jobs available for adults: a criminal defense attorney, and a cowboy. Frankly, after seeing that episode of Big Valley where Jared contracts rabies from some scary animal and foams at the mouth, it is no surprise I chose to be an attorney instead of a cowboy.
And yet, it wasn't a total waste. I use the wrangling and roping Big Valley taught me in dealing with my 95 pound American Bulldog on a daily basis.
I guess what I am saying is, "thanks mom."
AND I'm glad CSI wasn't around when I was growing up. I might have ended up being a medical examiner instead. Gross.

3 comments:

The Brackeens said...

We didn't watch Perry Mason, but were basically addicted to Matlock...you know, 55 minutes of suspense and in the last 2 seconds everyone confesses. yeah, I'm sure that's realistic.

Mike and Amy said...

Yeah, a criminal defense attorney's dream...a killer with a conscience!

Mark and Ali said...

are you done? it is over? wow! you are amazing!
my bro-in-law just graduated last weekend, too!

so what now? San Francisco?
love you!