Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day and the Beginning of the End

In honor of Memorial day I turned on the sprinklers in the backyard and let Jake play. He loves water! And sorry for the "rear shot" at the end of the video hahaha, it was unintentional, I promise.



After graduation I began packing up things around the house to get ready for our move to California. It is finally starting to feel like Mike is really going to come home and we are really going to be a family again. Typical to my mild OCD nature, I have been vacuum packing just about everything we own. One of my professors was talking about how roaches can get in boxes that moving companies use. That's all I needed to prompt my hazmat preparations. (Mike's favorite OCD issue I have is people breathing my air...just ask any of my college friends, haha).


Tomorrow I start my bar prep course. I have been trying to get mentally ready (studying is like a marathon for me), but I have to admit I was not prepared for what I found when I picked up my books this afternoon. There are 8 books I must read and memorize. The books stand at a height of 14 inches. That's right INCHES. I took a picture:


Less than 60 days. It is going to be a nightmare! By the time Mike gets home I wonder if I will even be able to hold a normal coversation. My brain may be mush by then.
This morning Jake had his final vet appt (we hope!) before we move. He got all his shots and a checkup. We also got a sedative for the LONG drive and our rabies certificate because we will be traveling across state lines. Now all we need is Mike to come home! Each day feels like a million years without him. I can't wait to have my best friend and confidant by my side again. He is my rock.

I ask for prayers that Mike's last few months in Iraq will be peaceful - and that I won't lose my mind while studying for the bar! Have a blessed week everyone :)

1 comments:

The Brackeens said...

Studying non-stop plus husband across seas sounds like a tough combination to me. I don't know if you can see it, but the light at the end of the tunnel is coming...You're almost there! The Bar...what an ugly word!