Monday, June 23, 2008

Reflections on "life" - if you can call it that.

Well, the three day "mock" bar exam is over. For the last three days I have been working until I was delirious. We have not had a break from school in over a 8 days - and it is beginning to take its toll! I got home from bar review tonight and just cried my eyes out for 30 minutes. I am just so exhausted. On a lighter note, I thought I would share some of the interesting things I have experienced in the lectures and in life while studying for the bar.
First, there is a guy in my class who has an amazing talent...sleeping during unimportant moments. The amazing thing is he ALWAYS wakes up when the lecturer is saying something important that needs to be written down. I have never seen anything like it. I will have to ask him how he does it.
Second, if you have never heard anyone cough into a microphone count your blessings. We have a video lecture and on the tape the lecturer is an old man who keeps coughing DIRECTLY into the microphone. My ears are still ringing from the outrageous decibels I have been subjected to.
Third, it is possible for a human being to live off of Eggo waffles, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and coffee. I have been doing it successfully for quite some time now.
Fourth, tripping on acid is not the only way to have psychedelic dreams. In the delirium of studying I had a great one about some monkeys with neon fur.
And finally, my brain has become a non-stop legal machine. I can't listen to anyone talk without thinking of possible lawsuits I could bring on their behalf. When my alarm went off the other morning I actually woke up yelling "Negligence!"
I have heard that to ward of Alzheimer's disease one should challenge the brain with intellectual exercises. If that proves true I should be good for at least 250 years.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Well, at least you're yelling "Negligence" and not slamming your head against the wall!

Mark and Ali said...

i am with Dani, my bro-in-law, who is studying for the NY bar... insane. but we, together, had a good laugh at your blog.

love you so much! can't wait till this is over for you!

The Brackeens said...

That sounds like a horrible diet!!! I imagine your body is running on E these days! I love the Bulldog rules. I also love the new look to the blog. :) Hope the bar is over soon! We miss you guys.

Shellie said...

Hey, love the new look on your blog! Also thought the military wife blog was pretty awesome! And I can't help but think, that had I been there when you woke up yelling, "Negligence!" I may have answered you with something like, "I object!"