Lately I have been hearing one phrase over and over and over. I have heard it out around town, I have heard it in passing on several tv shows I was halfway listening to, and I have seen it in several internet articles I read. Finally, yesterday morning, after hearing the phrase in different places EVERY DAY for the last week, I thought, "God is trying to tell me something. I wonder what is about to go wrong?"
The phrase I've been hearing: "Everything happens for a reason."
I just got a call from the military housing dept. We have been under the impression that our house in san diego would be ready by August 1st. She just told me it now looks like it will be the end of September or quite possibly into October. We are scheduled to move August 15 whether we have a house or not. As appealing as the idea is of living out of a car with a 95 pound American Bulldog (who sheds so much I often wonder if I am at the North Pole); I have to say I'd much prefer a house. Alas, our current predicament.
I have mild psychic abilities (references are available upon request) and I told Mike a month ago this was going to happen. I kept telling him, "They are going to call and say October and I'm going to flip out." I was half right. They did call and say October, but I was able to keep a cool head about the situation because one phrase kept running through my head (as it had been all week): Everything happens for a reason.
So we are now wondering what, exactly, God is trying to tell us. Is He just creating a situation to show us how faithful He can be? Will he miraculously have our house ready by the time we move? Or is He sending us in a new direction? Should we stay in a hotel until our house is ready? Or should we scrap the idea of on-base housing and look for a place to rent out in town? Whatever His will, I just want it to be clear. So we ask for prayers for clarity in this stressful time, and that God will bless us in this transition.
There are two things I have learned during the past year: (1) the ONLY solid ground in life is Christ, and (2) God actually talks to us. He has spent the last week giving me a very specific message. Perhaps He is talking to you too. Let's keep listening...

1 comments:
I appreciate your honesty and vulnerability. God is good and He will provide for you. I just hope it has enough room for some visitors. :) We are anxious to hear where God leads.
Post a Comment