Friday, July 18, 2008

A Shovel and Some Lime

So a tragic event took place last week. My faithful dog had a moment of not-so-faithfulness when he killed a sweet little kitten living next door. I believe the kitten was a stray, so at least I don't have angry neighbors coming after me. Nonetheless, the dog and I still aren't speaking.
The real reason behind this post is to relay a phone conversation that took place between my brother Scott and I, just minutes after the event.
I called my brother to see what the best route for "disposing discretely of the body" would be. He was riding in the car with his wife, Heather, during our conversation. Heather was only able to hear Scott's side of the conversation. What she heard went a little something like this:
"Yeah I have a shovel. You can borrow it if you need to."
"Well have you thought about just dumping the body somewhere? That might be the easier route."
"No, people get buried in the ground all the time and you can't smell the body."
"Well, we treat the bodies so they will last through the funeral, not so they won't smell once buried."
"I don't think you'd have to bury it that deep. Yeah, maybe like only 18 inches or so. That should do it."

Moral of the story: Things aren't always what they seem. Then again...maybe they are (cue scary organ music).
Real Moral of the story: Don't mess with the Bedicheks. We have a plethora of untapped medical and legal knowledge just floating around in our brains.

2 comments:

The Brackeens said...

That's great. I love it. (The story, not the dead animal.) Sadie is up to 3 birds, 2 mice, and 1 rabbit. The rabbit almost got me. A cat would be tragic! I don't know how she catches them, but I guess it's survival of the fittest. (Well, the rabbit was a baby...that was very sad.)

Leslie said...

REALLY REALLY FUNNY!!!

Any news on Mike? I thought about calling yesterday and then I thought you would probably be taking the bar.