I thought it would never come! Mike is finally home and I am finally finished taking the Bar Exam. I have been waiting for this for a whole year!! It has been a busy but GREAT weekend/week so far. I must admit, doing just about anything is loads better than studying for the Bar. And having Mike here makes everything fun :)
Mike flew into Dallas on last Wednesday night. I was staying at a hotel next to the testing center for the bar (which was last tuesday wednesday and thursday). My family met Mike at the airport with signs and everything! Mike picked me up on Thursday after I finished the exam and we headed off to a night at the Gaylord Texan.
Our room was AMAZING! We got the government discount (yay military!) and that included a free upgrade. We ended up with a delux suite on the 9th floor. It was so much fun. We went to dinner at the same restaurant we ate at the day we were married. It brought back great memories. The next morning we had room service and the food was delicious! Mike had flowers delivered to the room with a card he had written. He is so thoughtful.
Ever since then we have just been preparing to move! The movers are coming to pack us on Thursday and may end up loading everything on the moving van the same day. We will be heading down to Huntsville to visit Mike's family and coming back through Waco to visit my parents. Then we will load up the car and begin the long journey to the West Coast. There will be blogging and pictures along the way if there is wifi!!
Here are some pictures from the Gaylord. They may be a bit blurry. The only camera we had was Mike's - and the pictures are a little cloudy due to the many sandstorms it lived through. Now that Mike is home I can post some pics of his time in Iraq. I will get to those once we get settled in Cali.
Here is the view from our room
3 comments:
girl, i am so happy for you!
i pray that you will feel the hand of God as both of you go thru this huge transition now.
much love!
AWESOME! Adam and I have stayed there twice and its just a wonderful place. Your room was amazing. Great to see you guys the other night for dinner. We will miss you!
I'm so glad Mike is home! Oh yeah...and that the Bar is over! What a double relief. Moving cross country is such an adventure. It's work, but you guys will have a blast leaning on each other. And what an awesome destination of San Diego! Could we BE any further apart? And what ever happened with the housing?
Post a Comment