Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moving: Part One "Burn Baby Burn"

Well, what a crazy week this has been. For the remote few of you who do not know, on Monday we received a call from the moving company who was moving our household goods across the country. They informed us that the truck carrying our things had caught fire and burned to the ground. We lost EVERYTHING! In the blink of an eye three years of our life together was gone. Fortunately, God is so amazing and has provided for us beyond anything we could have imagined. Friends, family and churches have reached out to help us. The shipment was insured so hopefully we can work everything out with the company to get us enough money to get started again. We are sad to lose all the sentimental items we held so dear, but we have truly learned that our treasures are in Heaven alone.

Mike put it great when he said, "I feel like I have been drawing on an etch-a-sketch and someone just came by and bumped my elbow!" Ha ha ha. Great analogy. My dad wisely said,"Sometimes God lets us drown for a little while just to show us how great He is at rescuing." Well said dad!

On a lighter note, we have begun our first leg of the journey to San Diego!!!!! We just arrived in El Paso Tx. Yes that's right. El Paso is exactly half way to San Diego...we haven't even left the state yet! It was a great drive. Ok I'm lying. It was terribly long and boring. But we had some fun times along the way. Mike and Jake are the best company a girl could ask for. Here are some pictures earlier today. Enjoy!
We stopped at ACU to pay homage...and so Mike could see the new Jacob's Ladder sculpture.
Pretty flowers at Jacob's Ladder. I almost lapsed into the first verse of "O Dear Christian College"Somewhere in the middle of nowhere...I had no idea west Texas was so underpopulated.Exhibiting some mad picture taking skills. Check out the mountain in the side view mirror!
Jake and I screamed when we realized the halfway point was El Paso. Seriously, can we please just make it out of Texas already!!??



3 comments:

Kelli said...

As promised, that is a great picture! I'm praying for you!

Leslie said...

Great pics. Glad you stopped by ACU. Love you guys.

Shellie said...

I take it this means, you and Jake are talking?! ;) Still praying for you guys! Love you!