Friday, August 15, 2008

Moving: Part Two "My Life with a Yeti"

Yeti - Bigfoot - Sasquatch - Abominable Snowman. These are all names used to describe a giant, mysterious, half-human animal known to strike fear into the hearts of young and old alike. Some are in awe of him. Some love him. Some hate him. But all acknowledge that his mere existence is the stuff of legends.
You may have wondered in the past what it is like to be trapped with a Yeti - to traverse one half of the United States with a Yeti in your car. Today is your lucky day. After traveling all over Texas and then out west with this dog, I can honestly say I think I know what it would be like:
Stage One: Curiosity

Stage Two: Sleep


Stage Three: Itching



Stage Four: Boredom



Stage Five: Feeling Snuggly


Stage Six: Feeling more Snuggly


Stage Seven: Can't get enough Snuggling





Stage Eight: "I'll just come up here with you guys"

3 comments:

Shellie said...

Well, atleast he's a good traveler.

The Brackeens said...

Hilarious! Jake is precious. I do worry how our dog will survive the drive back to Texas...when the time comes.

Sorry to hear your news. I realize "stuff" is just "stuff", but it's the loss of the special things that breaks my heart, and I know those things are irreplaceable. I admire your courage and faith in this trying time and also love Mike's analogy of the etch-a-sketch. That couldn't be more perfect! ;) Can't wait to hear more about San Diego!

Mark and Ali said...

hey amy -- we laughed so hard! i feel like we are raising jake's brazilian soul mate! they should meet sometime!

much love
ali