We have been in CA almost a week! I have to say the shopping here is FABULOUS. They have everything and more. But we are totally sick of shopping. I never thought I would get tired of shopping but I am. I can't wait until we have everything and we can just sit on the couch and relax at the end of a day. We did get a tv and computer. So we pretty much live on the floor and our backs, knees, necks, and feet are killing us. We ordered a bed and that gets here on Saturday, and our couch comes a week from tomorrow. Yay! Oh we also got a washer and dryer. They are so amazing! When they are done washing/drying each one sings a little song to let you know it is done. Downside - the washer and dryer are in the garage and there is a gigantic black widow living in the corner just waiting to ambush me. We plan on getting some spider spray asap...especially since she is guarding an eggsack. YIKES.
We went out for ice cream after church tonight. We decided to sit out by the fountain in front of the store and eat our ice cream. We lasted less than 5 minutes. We were freeeezing! I am not used to how cold it gets at night here. But the daytime is just amazing. The weather really is perfect.
I will post some pictures when we get some furniture. Right now all I have pictures of is an empty house!
I did get an email from the law school today. Somehow they found out about the fire and have ordered me a new diploma! Even more amazing is that the school is paying to have it custom framed for me. I have just been so amazed at how generous people have been. We have really experienced the depth of God's love through his children. More to come soon!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am glad that the law school is doing that for you. You definitely earned that diploma and the custom framing. I hope your house is starting to come together. Give me a call when you get some free time! :)
I don't blame you for being sick of shopping! We were here for about 3 months without couches and that got old really fast. I can't imagine not having a bed, though! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Will you send me your new address? (No, we're not coming to visit yet. We'll wait until you get furniture - ha! ;))
Well at least you are getting all new stuff....even though it can't replace the memories. Love you girl. Hey, I need your new address when you get a chance.
email me!
Post a Comment