Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fetal Arachnophobia...and Belly Pics!!

Last week I made the mistake of watching the movie Arachnophobia when I was home alone. I love that movie but it always scares me! At one point, I was intently waiting on a huge spider to jump out and bite someone, when Mason wiggled in my womb. My brain did not think, "baby wiggling in womb." It instead thought, "SPIDER ON YOUR BELLY!!!" I jumped up brushing off my stomach and looking frantically for the spider. I then realized I had just mistaken my unborn child for a giant man-eating spider. I guess everyone makes that mistake at least once though, right?
We hit 8 months this weekend!! I didn't think my belly had grown too much - until I compared this months belly pics with last months. Yep! I've grown! I still have people telling me I am tiny and it makes me concerned that I am not growing enough. But when people who knew what I looked like pre-pregnancy see pictures they talk about how huge I am. That makes me feel better. I guess people who think I am tiny have no point of reference for comparison.
At church on Wednesday night a woman told me that I was the prettiest pregnant woman she had ever seen. It made me feel sooooo good! And a woman from the Spanish congregation yelped and grabbed my belly in the parking lot after church. It was pretty funny.
I am feverishly working to get the house ready for our new addition. We have a lot to get ready - but it is coming along.
Here are the belly pics for month 8!! I can't believe we have less that 8 weeks left!




3 comments:

heather said...

Love the belly pics! You look great-- nice big belly and tiny everywhere else--just like you should! hang in there these last few weeks and try to enjoy your time w/ Mike.

Michelle said...

You ARE the cutest pregnant woman ever! Love your haircut by the way :-)

The Brackeens said...

It does all depend on your point of reference. People ask me all the time - where are you putting him? He's there. Trust me, I feel huge!!! Chad & I got all the necessities last weekend...diapers, wipes, etc, and I need to pack my hospital bag this weekend. It is so close now. Once I hit next Thursday (37 wks), anytime will be fine, although I don't want him to come until my mom gets here. Is your mom coming to CA?