Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kung Fu Panda Belly

I don't know if any of you have seen the movie Kung Fu Panda. Mike and I love it. It is about a fat panda bear who saves his village from a bad guy by using his huge belly as a secret weapon. He bounces bad guys off of his belly and launches them into the stratosphere. I have been joking with Mike that I now have this Kung Fu Panda Belly. Once bounce off me and you are outta here! The Panda always says "skadoosh" when he bounces someone. Love it!

Last night I had the strangest (and coolest!) thing happen. I was sleeping peacefully when I was woken up by some IMMENSE pain in my belly. I gasped and reached down to feel what was going on. Mason had stretched his leg straight up and his foot was pushing outward. I felt a lump (like I usually do when there is a little foot pushing on my tummy). Only this time I was actually able to feel the outline of his foot. I traced around it with my fingers and thought, "yes, that is definitely a little foot." That little guy has got some strong muscles! I was laying there thinking, "Is it possible for a baby to actually tear through his mother's womb!?" For the sake of all parties involved here, let's hope not! I may be carrying the Incredible Hulk inside of me. If I take too long delivering him once I'm in labor he may just decide to bust out on his own. (Is anyone else thinking of that little singing/dancing alien that busts out of that guy's stomach on the movie Space Balls?)

This week has been pretty quiet so far. It seems like we have had something we had to do or some place we had to be almost every day for the last few months. This month we have things on the weekends - but our weeks are pretty free! We have NOTHING planned next month. I feel as though April and May will crawl by as we sit around waiting to go into labor. I can't believe we only have a little over 2 months left! It will be here before we know it. I'm still working on the nursery but I promise I will post some pics of it later!

Mike took some pictures of me when we were out walking in the park a few weeks ago. I thought I would go ahead and post a few for your viewing pleasure :)



4 comments:

Chet and Joni McDoniel said...

Awesome Space Balls reference! Let's hope that doesn't happen!

-Chet

Michelle said...

Senior Pictures!!!! Sadly, many senior pictures at Lafayette High actually looked like this..

Leslie said...

Sweet pics. Mike, you did a great job. Love that you actually felt his little foot. Amazing isn't it?

The Brackeens said...

Funny! Chad is also obscessed with taking pictures of me and my belly all the time. It's annoying, but I know I will appreciate it one day. I actually took my first naked belly pictures today. I don't know if I will post them or not, but I told him I'd give him a chance b/c once I get stretch marks (if I do), that will be the end of the belly pics. :)