Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Las Vegas Babymoon

Mike took me to Las Vegas this last weekend for our babymoon!! We decided to live it up since it will be our last kid-free trip for a while. We stayed at the MGM Signature Grand Resort. Our room was a gorgeous suite with a jacuzzi tub!! That was my favorite part of the trip haha. We walked all over town and ate at the best restaurants. Friday night we made reservations at a restaurant called Fiamma Trattoria. Mike had the short rib raviolini - I tasted the dish and have to say it was super amazing!!

We also got to hit up the hotel's buffet for breakfast on Sunday. The whale-a-gator came out in me. I ate so much food! I ate twice as much as Mike. At one point the waitress came and tried to take one of my three plates of food away. She thought I was finished. I screamed "No!" and grabbed the plate. I was embarrassed afterwards - but I think she's lucky I didn't try to bite her hand.

We went to M&M world. It is a four-story M&M store. I got to make my own M&M bag with any colors I chose. They had more colors than I have ever seen. We also picked up a blue M&M onesie with matching socks. We thought it might be cute for the three of us to be M&M's for Halloween.

Even though it was in the 50's outside we went swimming in the outdoor pool. The pool was heated...sort of - so I ended up freezing. But I really wanted to float around with my belly. Pregnant women are advised against getting in hot tubs so Mike got to enjoy the warmth while I made due in a 6 inch puddle of hot tub water. It really was fun despite being a little chilly.

We visited many of the hotels and went through the Wax Museum - needless to say I slept most of the way home. I was completely exhausted. We had a blast and loved our hotel. I would recommend it to anyone! We took a ridiculous amount of pictures so you will have to look at our scrapbook to see all of them. Here are a few for you!
Here we are on the strip!
The Jacuuuuuzi tub!
The whale-a-gator
Lunch on the River inside the Venetian Hotel. They actually had Gondola rides going on the river! We had delicious Mexican food.
Snow covered mountains on the drive out
Amy and Stevie Wonder tear it up on the piano.
Mike tells a secret to the Godfather.

This is a video of the MGM Lion. They have many but this one was being playful. He grabbed his toy and ran up on a glass walkway that was directly above us! Those guys were HUGE!


2 comments:

The Brackeens said...

That is so awesome! I'm glad you guys did that. My sister keeps telling us we need to take a babymoon, but we've been trying to go somewhere every few months since we've been here and we don't know where else to go that is close. I'd have enjoyed Vegas if it was within driving distance! Ha! Super jealous of the jacuzzi tub, and like you, am bummed we can't get in hot tubs...not that I've had the opportunity, but just the idea that I can't is sad... :)

Michelle said...

hahahaha...Love the Stevie picture.