Mike had an awesome time and got to do quite a bit of site-seeing. He even got to see the Commandant's house! Ooh Rah!
I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend from church and so my Saturday and Sunday were taken up by that. I had fun making the diaper cake and other little table-topper decorations for the shower. I was also in charge of punch - and it was a huge hit! People were going crazy over it. I pretty much stood at the punch bowl and gave refills for most of the shower. 55 people came - it was such a blessing!
Here are some pics from the shower:
This is sweet Adrienne standing in front of the food table. She is going to be such a great mommy!
This is the diaper cake I made. There are over 100 diapers in that thing! Those should last her a while! I put 4 pacifiers on there too. Next to the cake I wrapped up packages of baby wipes. Hopefully she won't have to buy those for a while either. Her nursery colors are green and brown...so cute!
Flowers and a little gift basket I put together. The basket had some size one diapers (leftover from Mr. Mason) and some bath items. Everyone loved the flowers. I must also say that Leah and I did an awesome job slicing that cake to feed 55 people. It took some mad math skills to say the least! We even had enough left over to send home for the dad-to-be! Mike was disappointed when I didn't bring cake home from my baby shower (but we ran out!).
And last but not least - the two cutest boys in the world. This was Sunday once Mike was finally home. We were hanging out early at church on Sunday evening. My blonde haired, blue eyed son and his Mexican father. Ha ha! I think Mason has a little more of the "Czech" than the "Hispanic" in his "Hispani-czech" heritage!

1 comments:
He may not have his eye, hair, or skin color, but otherwise, you know who that kid belongs to! ;) I can't believe there were 55 people at that shower! Wow! That's a lot of work. Sorry you had some bad days. I bet Mason was just missing his daddy. I don't think Hudson is teething yet, but he LOVES to chew and drool, too, so you'd think he was. :)
Post a Comment