Sunday, November 1, 2009

We're Baaaaaaaack...

I am truly sorry for the long blogging hiatus. Once we got back from Texas I was busy gearing up for my best friends wedding clear across the country in Atlanta! It was a blast...but unfortunately I contracted the flu and brought it back to my family in CA. (And probably to every person sitting within 5 feet of me on the plane. My apologies.) We were down for an ENTIRE week - and I am still battling a cough, but feeling much better! Once we recovered we had 2 weeks of work and laundry to catch up on...and Halloween parties to get ready for!
Finally things have slowed down and I have a few minutes to update. Halloween was a blast for us! Mason went as a dragon, so Mike went as a Knight and I went as the Princess in distress. I may be biased, but I think we were super cute! Especially the dragon!
We also took Mason trick-or-treating and he was a huge hit! Downside: he fell asleep after the 4th or 5th house. It was hysterical. Mom and dad kept collecting candy for "him" though. (yes, we ate his candy. ha ha. He sure got a lot!) Side note, the first house we went to had a Brett Favre look alike. This guy could have been his twin!
After the costume party on Friday and trick-treating on Saturday evening, we were tired! But we mustered up enough energy to head over to a haunted house set up by some of our friends from church. I made Mike go through first by himself so he could "protect me" when I went through it with him. It was really fun (except when I got chased by a chainsaw wielding killer. That part was a little freaky.)
We had so much fun with Mason this Halloween. We look forward to more holidays with this precious kiddo! Here are some pics from the weekend!
These are the Jack-o-lanterns we carved. I did the witch and Mike did the skull!
I made some "Mummy Faced Pizzas" for the costume potluck on Friday night
Let the costume parade begin! Here I am as the Princess...
Here is Mike as the Knight...
And the star of the show - Mason as the Dragon!!! Sooooo cute :)
Here we are about to set out for some Trick-or-treating! People went crazy over our little dragon. Memorable quotes of the night include "I'm going to give you extra candy because I love him so much" "Cutest costume we have seen all night!" and, after talking to another couple with their cute daughters, the wife said "Oh, look at him! We should have another baby." haha. Way to go Mason!
Here is Mason sleeping. This is mostly what he did during trick-or-treating!
Sacked out on the couch.
And last but not least, a family pic from the costume potluck! Mike was in partial costume! haha. The hosts actually had a backdrop set up and took professional pics of each family at the party. I'm not sure when we will get them, but I will post them when we do!!!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing! I'd give that dragon (or the people draggin' him around <*snort*>) extra candy for sure!

Mike and Amy said...

Kelli,
Talking time out.

Unknown said...

LOL! You guys are super cute.
There was a couple who showed up at our church's fall festival dressed as a chef and waitress/maid and their baby girl was dressed as a lobster. He carried her around in a giant silver catering pot. It was a riot!

The Brackeens said...

Ah! Yes! Mason is an ADORABLE dragon. Great costumes. I am glad you recovered from your flu, but am freaking out a little over the airplane comment. Yes, I know it's true...but I am going to be even MORE psycho mom on our Thanksgiving trip with all the sick-os out there and my little angel touching EVERYTHING!

hkhines said...

That is the cutest dragon I have ever seen. And you two always have the best pumpkins! Hope all is well.