Monday, January 31, 2011

Cousin-cation

On Thursday Mason and I headed up north for a weekend with some of his cousins! Doug and Sheila were out in CA, so Mason and I went to hang out with his three oldest cousins. We had a blast!
On Friday, while the girls were in school, Mason and I visited the zoo. We had so much fun looking at all the animals and seeing all the pretty plants. Here are a few zoo pics!

Mason was really interested in the flamingos. He was able to get very close to them since they are right there on the other side of the fence. He kept saying, "bird, bird, bird." and watching them. So cute!

They even had 2 baby flamingos out!! They were still fluffy and grey - but VERY cute.

Mason's favorite thing to do is push his own stroller. He always runs into people and walks in super slow motion so it isn't the most pleasant thing to endure. But, it makes him happy!

Lunch time! Gross. That snake is looking at the rat like, "darn it. they're serving cold rat again."

Mason loved the pretty colors on this cute lizard.
He had mixed feelings about the Parrots. They squawked really loudly and kind of scared him.
We stopped for lunch and shared a personal pan pizza from pizza hut. Yum!

This next series of photos is from Mason's FIRST ever carousel ride!! The train was closed, so I thought a carousel ride might be fun. He LOVED it so much!! I literally had to drag him kicking and screaming off of the carousel once the ride was over. That part was not fun at all. But it was great seeing his face light up when we started spinning around. When the carousel first began moving he said, "oh wow!" and got so excited. It is a precious memory I will always remember.

Loving the ride
I was trying to get him to smile for the camera by pointing to my cheeks. Instead of smiling, he just pointed to his cheeks. haha.

Beautiful Boy

Sad face: the ride is over!

Heading home with the penguin he picked out at the gift shop. I had so much fun on my "Mason Date" - we rarely get the chance to just go and do something alone together without any time restrictions. I loved sharing the day with him and laughing and playing. I love you bud!
On Saturday we decided to head to the park! We went and played on the playground at Brooklyn's elementary school. Mason loved the slides and basketball court.


Here they all are on the swings!! What a good looking group of cousins!
This morning when Mason woke up he came to the kitchen to get some milk - he saw the girls' pictures on the fridge and got excited! He pointed to each one and said their names: Brook (Brooklyn), Bat (Bailey), Bayd (Braden). He loves those girls!

0 comments: