Saturday, January 7, 2012

Eva is 8 Months




I have really had a tough time finding moments to blog over the last few months - (and that kills me!) because we have been so busy. I wish I could find more time because the days are filled with so much that Mason and Eva are doing and I know I'm already forgetting many precious memories that have taken place.
Eva is really getting to be a big girl now. She is officially crawling! We have been watching her "low crawl" across the floor for some time now, but just today I witnessed her crawl across the room on her hands and knees. It was a first! She is a sweetheart, but lately has been extremely fussy. I think teething might be in full swing? She spends most of the day fussing at me - which in turn has me spending most of the day fussing at everyone else. It is so hard to stay level-headed when I never get a break. I tell you, the day Mike's recruiting duty is over I may run screaming for joy through the streets. This "single mother" stuff is for the birds! I so miss being a family. Sometimes it's just so hard to stay positive...like when you have a teething baby and you are potty training a two year old! Phew. Some days I just feel like shoving my head in the sand for some peace and quiet...and sleep!
Eva, a few facts about you at 8 months. You love to clap your little hands. You love to laugh at your brother. You have pretty much lost all interest in baby food (which is forcing me to be very creative at meal time!). You love feeding yourself. You are mesmerized by Barney. Yes, you love him! It is the only show you will watch. You are the busiest busy body there ever was. Seriously. You wiggle constantly and are always trying to get into things you shouldn't! I hope you are always this motivated! You are getting more hair every day...which makes me so excited! I can't wait to start pig tails and pony tails and all those other tails. And BOWS. You babble some too...you mostly say dadada. Which is painful to listen to since all I say to you is mamama over and over! And I think you experienced your first stranger anxiety last night when I dropped you off at bible class. You cried for the first time ever when Mommy left. It broke my little heart! You are definitely a Mama's girl and Daddy practically has to rip you out of my arms if he wants to hold you. Then I have to get out of sight or you will wiggle and squirm trying to get to me. We love you so much, sweet baby.

0 comments: