Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mason!


I thought it was time to give an update on Mason. He has changed so much over the last few months! We have a potty trained little boy! We did a boot camp over Christmas break and watched Elmo's potty time about 10 times and read Elmo's potty book about 100 times. We still argue with each other when he throws a fit about going #2 on the potty. Why is that so hard for kids!? But he is really doing great. He's made it through countless outings and through church with no accidents! Way to go Mase!
He talks so well now too, and surprises us with his new knowledge every day. The other day he started pointing out letters on my cookbooks. He knew so many! Mike and I looked at each other in amazement and Mike kept asking him to identify other letters. He knew almost the entire alphabet. What!? When did that happen?! He also amazed us by counting to 5 in Spanish the other day. What!? When did he learn that?! He can also count to 20 and count backwards from 10. He loves to do puzzles and can identify many shapes including hexagons, octagons, and parallelograms. I didn't know he knew those shapes until one day he asked me to fold his piece of American cheese in to a hexagon. OK. He has also informed me on several occasions that he wants to preach...from the pulpit. He even asked me on the way to my parents church if I thought Daw (my dad) would let him preach. I think we may have a Preacher in the making. That would certainly make my dad very proud!
He is really into calling Mike and me "guys." Whenever he wants to tell us both something he will start it with "guys!" So funny. He loves to "read" his Blues Clues book (he has it memorized) and is always trying to tell me how to drive. "Don't go fast, Mommy." "I want to go this way, Mommy." In the midst of our potty training Boot camp he had a #2 accident on the floor. When I was cleaning it up he was standing there telling me how to do it. "Use a paper towel, Mommy. Be very, very careful, Mommy." I wanted to turn to him and say, "Kid! I got this! Chill out!"
He is always my little helper too. Anything I do he wants to be right there doing it too. His teacher at school told me that one day she was reading a story to the class and another child kept talking. She had told him several times to stop and he wouldn't. She said finally Mason looked at the kid and said, "I said zip it!!" And the kid did! I laughed so hard at that. She also told me he is one of the only ones in his class that knows all of the numbers, colors and shapes. We are so proud.
Mason really loves to make his sister laugh...but he is so territorial with this blankets, his stuffed koala named Baby and his Mommy! If I am holding him and Eva even looks at me he yells, "No!" But once Dad comes home he is all Daddy. Mike got home early from work the other night. Mason gave him a big hug and said, "I missed you while you were gone, Daddy." Yep, it made me cry!
Mason you are such a character. I love you soooooooooo much. I am so proud of you and how smart and sweet you are. You are growing up so fast!

0 comments: