Last week I was in the kitchen working on a Valentine's Day package to send Mike. The weather was fairly nice, so I decided to leave the back door open so Jake could come in and out of the house as he pleased. As I was working I heard the dog's collar making a lot of noise. I thought he was just chasing butterflies or shadows and thought nothing of it. About ten minutes later I realized that Jake wasn't wearing a dog collar. Hmmm. I went to check it out, thinking I must have heard the neighbor's dog's collar instead. For those of you who do not know, the door to the backyard is in the Master bedroom. As I walked back to the door, there was Jake violently wagging his tail and just standing right at the foot of my bed. I knew something was up, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. Suddenly, I heard the dog collar again...only this time I realized it was coming from inside the house. I looked down at the foot of my bed and there a large brown paw was. I said, "come here!" and a beautiful brown and tan dog crawled out from under my bed!! She had just been playing under there.
The dogs then both ran outside and as I was getting the camera I thought "I have never seen this dog before...where in the world did she come from!?" Shortly after the video was taken I heard someone out in the street yelling, "Tiger!" Noticing the stripes on this dog I figured it had to be her. I put her on a leash and took her out front. The owner was very greatful and asked me where I'd found her dog.
"Under my bed" I replied.

1 comments:
Funny! I'm surprised Jake didn't EAT the other dog. Our new puppy is so hyper she would've pounced the dog!
Post a Comment