Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yikes

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. To say the last couple of weeks have been stressful is an understatement!

First, I got home one day and had no electricity. After spending 2 hours on the phone with TXU (if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all) they informed me that someone had called in a requested a new account at my address and so they cut off my account to start the new account. OK. The electricity was supposed to be on by midnight that night and when it wasnt I was forced to spend another 2 hours on the phone yelling and screaming about the "seering injustice" I had been a victim of by the electric company. They finally agreed to refund the groceries I lost in the process.

Second, the next day on my way to school I was in an accident. I hit my head pretty hard and twisted my neck badly but I was able to walk away after the accident. My head hurt for days! My car was not so fortunate...$6,000 for repairs. Thank goodness for insureance. A day later I got a letter in the mail informing me that my model of car was being recalled due to unsafe head injuries to driver's in accidents. Wow! Could have used that recall a week earlier...would have saved me some pain! Class action, anyone?

Third, my dog got sick. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but cleaning up a variety of liquidy things is not pleasant. 2 vet appointments, one hospitalization and two sleepless nights later my stress level is through the roof. "My dog is sick" is not a compelling reason for being late to work and class. Fortunately, "explosive diarrhea" is.
All of this has been occurring in the last 2 weeks of school...finals approach! This time of year is crazy stressful anyway.
All I can say is I am counting down the days until my husband comes home. I am an independent woman...but I am feeling like taking a 6 month vacation when Mike gets home!

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Ok, first it was WTU and now its TXU! Sheesh! Sorry about that. And the accident! Perfect timing for that recall huh?! Yeah right! Is Jake better? I will call you later this week!
Til then, check out my new pics on facebook. ;)

Mary Virginia said...

Hey Amy. Glad you found me. Sorry about your last couple weeks. What kind of dog do you have?
Emm Vee
Your hair looks good long!

Kelli said...

Yikes! We obviously need to catch up - that's a lot to happen in the last couple of weeks! Hope your head is better.

The Brackeens said...

Awww...poor Jake. That does not sound fun for EITHER of you! Oh...and poor Amy's car, and head. Hope you are feeling better. What a headache...in more ways than one.