Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sea World!

We had a blast at Sea World a couple of weeks ago. Anheuser Busch gives military families free tickets to its parks every year. Mike and I hadn't used our '08 tickets so we ventured out on December 31 to use them before they expired! It was such a fun day! We ended up leaving early because a cold front blew in that had Mike shaking in his flip flops. Thankfully I had brought a jacket and have a permanent insulator (aka Mason) who keeps me pretty warm.
Here are some pics from the day!
This is the cutest Sea Lion EVER. He was waiting for a fish.

The dolphin show was one of the highlights!

Word to the wise, don't sit in the wet zone unless it is 100 degrees outside. Those people got soaked!

The Penguin Encounter. It smelled of fish....badly.

Me at bast camp in the Arctic. Should have worn warmer clothes!

This adorable little bird was actually perched atop a Walrus! I thought it was a log until it started rolling over!! The bird was cracking me up - he just kept running along the rolling back until the walrus finally went under water. They were probably best buddies.

Mike in front of the Bud Clydesdale Wagon

All fixed up and ready for a parade!


We loved visiting the Clydesdale barn. The horses were so huge. They were super gentle though and very tolerant of all the activity going on around them. I think we should get Jake a pet horse. haha.

This is a video of a manatee munching on some lettuce. They are such peaceful creatures!!

1 comments:

The Brackeens said...

I've seen the Clydesdales once, too. They are the most awesome creatures. And I can't believe you would even want to go outside at this time of year. I think it's going to be 9 degrees tomorrow, plus windchill! Ahhh...San Diego.