Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Me, Mason!

Hey everybody! It's Mason, and I thought I would make my first blog entry to tell you all about the first two months of my life. I have to say it has gone by pretty quickly, and I have been really busy growing. I mostly spend my days hanging out with mom. I think it is fun to pretend I'm sleeping and then wait until she lays down and gets comfortable before I let her know that I'm wide awake. We usually play that game all morning.
I have finally begun to enjoy spending time on my back. I'm now sleeping all by myself in my pack-n-play...which was my arch-nemises for the first month of my life. I kind of miss snuggling with mom and dad at night, but they do seem to be much happier lately. I am eating every two hours during the day and can sometimes make it to three hours at night.

I have finally begun to notice the world around me more, too. I can focus on things and follow them with my eyes. I like to smile at mom and dad, and even wake myself up laughing while I sleep. I have already chosen my favorite blanket and can tell you that whenever I am wearing a cookie monster diaper (my diapers have different Sesame Street characters on them) I am not fussy or difficult. What can I say? I love a monster with good taste.

Some of my favorite things are:
1. My changing table! I love it. I would stay there all day if I could. No matter how cranky I am, when you put me down on my changing table I always smile and laugh.

2. Being naked. I love this too...unfortunately I also love to pee when I'm naked so I don't get to enjoy this very often. I have peed on the walls, the carpet, my crib, and even my face. I thought mom would be more upset, but her philosophy is "oh well, it's a rent house."

3. My swing. It's the best.

4. Bath time. It is awesome. Whenever mom dries me off I always smile and laugh.

5. Tooting during Communion at church. I like to wait until it is really quiet at church and then let 'em rip. This last Sunday I tooted so loud the whole row of people in front of us turned around to look. It was awesome! Mom turned bright red and was apologizing to people. I don't know why, cause all the guys were smiling and laughing. I do this every Sunday during Communion. Mom has even told me that she gets nervous when it is time to pray. But that doesn't stop me!

6. My car seat. It is the best seat in the world. I love riding in the car.

Overall, it has been a pretty good life so far. People are always telling me how cute I am. The ladies love to run their fingers through my mohawk - I have a ton of hair! Everyone loves my big blue eyes. And my mom dresses me pretty nice too. I am still working on holding my head up and not clinging on to mom for dear life when she tries to put me down. I can't wait to meet all my family back in Texas - especially my cousins...even if they are all girls. I guess girls aren't all that bad. After all, mommy is a girl and I really like her. Guess I will end this here. It is almost time for my bath.

Keep it crazy! Love, Mason



6 comments:

heather said...

Too cute! Glad that you are sleeping a little better at night these days little nephew. Give Mom and Dad a break!

Michelle said...

hahaha...tooting during communion! I love this kid :)

hkhines said...

This post is hilarious. I love it! Every time I see a new picture Mason is bigger and cuter!

The "oh well, it's a rent house" philosophy is perfect!

Hope the amount of sleep at night continues to get greater and greater.

Carisse Kay said...

You are so freaking funny!

The Brackeens said...

HIL-AR-I-OUS!!! I love it and can relate to soo much. Hudson also loves the I'm asleep, oh you put me down? then I'm wide awake thing. At least once a day! Grrr!!! We have plenty of "accidents" while changing and now we use the pee-pee tee-pee to help avoid the shooting ones, at least. We've also hit our face with that a few times...not good!!! I do LOVE that kid's hair and would definitely have to play with it if I was there. And also...oh yeah, Hudson loves his changing table, too, which is strange bc he used to HATE it! Bathtime is much better now, too. Thank goodness. So enjoyed the post. Blessings! Your twin, Hudson. :)

Leslie said...

Awesome, I think my mascara is running down my face now.