We had a blast for our first 4th of July with Mason. We had a gathering with some church friends at an elders house. They had a pool! Yay! I have been waiting to swim all Summer long...if you can call sitting on a pool step with a baby "swimming." At this point, any activity outside of the house is very exciting to me. My days mostly consist of me and Mason staring at each other on the couch.
We had tons of food and fun! I made my homemade pizza bites which were gone two minutes after I set the platter down. Mike was unloading things from the car and almost didn't get one! Mason was a hit at the party. It was his first time swimming. We bought him some swim trunks and a little rash guard (the tight surfer swim shirt). He had his hat to keep his head safe from the sun - although with all that hair who needs a hat!? The water was cold...so when he got one toe in it he began to scream. He eventually let me put him a little lower in the water but we never ventured all the way in. There were lots of kids splashing like crazy and he kept getting water in his face - despite mom trying to block it. I also put sunscreen on his hands and so when he rubbed his face and eyes...well, it burned! Even though it is baby sunscreen and is not supposed to burn. His little eye was red and tearing for the rest of the day. You live and learn I guess!
Mike had a blast playing water basketball with the guys from church. Everyone else had to clear the pool for that one and I knew why as soon as the game started. It was violent! Mike called it "water basketball penitentiary style." They were trying to drown each other out there! He had a blast but was wiped out soon after! He has started up a workout ministry at church. On Saturday mornings some of the guys and youth group boys from church come over for a devo and some crazy wrestling/boxing/grappling action. They had done that workout Sat morning before the cookout...and then played water b-ball. C-R-A-Z-Y.
All in all it was a fun day! Here are some pics!
Here is Mason in his swim trunks and rash guard!! Future Cali Surfer Dude

3 comments:
Cute pics, Amy. We celebrated Ruby's first fourth watching fireworks! She was absolutely mesmerized! What fun! Mason is adorable!
That little Mason is getting cuter every day! Glad you guys had a fun 4th!
Looks like you guys had a great time! And I love your haircut! So cute! When I saw the back of your head in the first picture, I thought...is that Amy? Cute, cute! Hudson also has a Cali Surfer Dude shirt...although he isn't one. I just couldn't resist. I loved his outfit!
Post a Comment