Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Not so Happy Easter and an Eva Update

This Easter was an eventful one to say the least. I ended up in the hospital with a mean stomach bug - and had to get some IV fluids and IV medication to stop the nausea. I will spare everyone the gory details - but because of this we didn't end up taking a SINGLE Easter picture!! Mason didn't end up getting to hunt Easter eggs here at home on Easter Sunday, but he did get to hunt them earlier in the week at school. He played with the eggs for a solid week until I packed them up with the Easter decorations. I wish I could have seen his little class looking for eggs! It must have been so cute.
Thankfully, Memaw came to the rescue and spent a week with us taking care of me, Mason and the house while I recovered. After living so far from family for the last few years, I had forgotten how nice it is to have help close by! Thanks for all your hard work, Mom!
As for Eva Watch 2011 - this little girl is loving the womb. I told Mike last night I don't think she will ever come out. I had a doctor appointment last Wednesday, and we still have not made any progress. I have almost constant contractions all day - they just never get stronger and never result in any significant change. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?! I have been hungrier than ever, and am seriously thinking of trying to coax her out with a pork chop or piece of pizza. I think she is going to be a big eater!
I have another doctor appointment on Friday, and Doc says if I still haven't made any progress then we will schedule an induction for the week of the 15th. Let's hope she can hurry up and get here! I was really hoping not to have to go the induction route again. I am also really uncomfortable, with tons of swelling in my feet and pressure just about everywhere. We covet prayers for a speedy, safe delivery - and that she will make her debut soon!
Well, I think I have whined enough about pregnancy for one post! We really are so excited to see our daughter and see who will win the great "hair debate." Mike thinks she will have black hair like his and I think it will be blonde! Only time will tell. We will be sure to let everyone know the minute we have any news!!

1 comments:

heather said...

I remember seriously thinking with Avery when she was 4 days late that she would never come out either. Unfortunately our bodies just need a little help sometimes. Thank goodness for modern medicine that we can still have a good outcome! Praying for you guys!