Friday, April 22, 2011

Two Years Old!

Dear Mason,

I can't believe you are already two years old! It seems like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms looking at your brand new face. This time last year our house was packed up and we were saying good-bye to friends in California! Your first birthday was right in the middle of a cross-country move!


Words cannot describe what a change you have brought to our lives. The joy, laughter and sleepless nights could never have been imagined before you arrived! You are such a sweet and caring boy. Some of my favorite times are at night when I lay down with you to pray and tuck you in. You always want to pray, and to hold my hand while we do so! You love to say "Jesus!" the whole time we are praying, and I love the way you say "sac-a-fice" when we thank Jesus for his sacrifice on the cross. Sometimes you rub my back while we lay there and talk - which almost puts me to sleep! And other times we just lay nose to nose and look at each other. Those memories are my most prized possessions and I will remember them always.


Of course, you are quite the challenging little boy too! You are SO independent and want to do everything yourself. You get very angry when something doesn't work the way you want it to - and we have to walk away and count to three before trying again. Even though you are not talking in full sentences yet - you do jabber in full sentences - and we have had a couple of arguments where I say something in frustration and you jabber right back at me in equal frustration. It would probably be hilarious to watch as an outsider!


At two, some of your favorite things to do are: identify shapes, colors and numbers; sing "If You're Happy and You Know it" - but you always want to skip to the verse where we stomp our feet; SWING - you love it!; play with bubbles; watch Barney; and unload the silverware from the dishwasher. You also love to push any kind of buttons (like those on the washer/dryer and the garage door opener).


Your favorite foods are: strawberries, grapes, graham crackers, chex mix, peas, and french fries. Occasionally I can get you to eat a fish stick or a chicken nugget - but you still hate meat. The only things you will drink are water and milk!


Mason, words cannot describe how proud of you Dad and I are! God has already used you to bless our lives and the lives of those around you. I pray that as you grow each year, so will your faith in Christ. I know you will be a wonderful big brother and a loving son all your life. We love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

heather said...

So sweet! You will be so glad later on that you wrote this birthday letter to him.

Shellie said...

So cute!! I love it! He is so adorable and I love him! Tell him aunt Shellie says hi!