Thursday, February 16, 2012

9 Months Old...A Little Late!

Our little Eva is 9 months old! It is really starting to get fun around here, people! Eva has gained such a personality. She is a go-getter and is always exploring. I spend most of the day running around trying to redirect her...she always goes for the adventuresome things! I can always tell when she is playing with the dog because she has this voice she talks to him with, and she ONLY uses it when she is talking to the dog. It is sort of this high-pitched, baby talk kind of voice. I think I must use a similar voice when I talk to Jake. That's the only explanation I have come up with...(or maybe she is Dr. Doolittle). Anyway, when I hear that voice I know I'd better keep a close eye on her. Jake loves her a lot but he is about 4 times heavier than she is! He is one crazy big dog.
One thing that has reared its ugly head around here is sibling rivalry. Once Eva got to crawling well, she started getting into Mason's things. He was NOT happy. He spends most of the day telling her what she can and can't do - which I guess is normal...I remember a certain big brother of mine spending most of his days doing the exact same thing. But it does drive me crazy. I wish he would just relax. Or go in his room if he doesn't want to be disturbed. Oh well. One day they will love each other. haha.
At 9 months Eva weighs 19.5 pounds. She is still NOT sleeping through the night. Ugh. We are working on that one. She loves to eat green beans and sweet potatoes! Those are her favorites. Still no teeth. I certainly don't mind!
She is usually very happy and easy going. She is starting to cruise around furniture and other solid objects, so I am sure she will be walking here in a few months. Wow! It goes fast! I am having so much fun dressing her and playing with her. Having a girl is a lot of fun. She is starting to get very snuggly now, too, which I love! Previously she was such a busy body that she didn't want to be held for long. But now, when I pick her up she wraps her arms around me and snuggles in. I just LOVE it. I think it has healing powers...
Her Daddy and I are so madly in love with this girl! And I think deep down inside Mason is too (wink wink).

Playing in her room

"Talking" to Jake
Deep in Thought
This is her new favorite face. I call it the "I took my teeth out" face. She does it all the time!
Beautiful!

0 comments: