We had such a fun time celebrating Mike's birthday this year. His totally awesome and amazing boss let him have half of the day off to spend with his family. So while Mason was still in school, Mike, Eva and I went out for a quick lunch. It was so fun for us to spend a meal with just Eva. We have rarely had any two on one time with that precious girl. It was neat to focus only on her and dote on her constantly. So sweet!
Then we picked Mason up from school and came home to open cards and the birthday gift. We also sang Happy Birthday and let Mike blow out the candles on his cake before we ate some! After that we decided to try out the new double jogging stroller I got at the consignment sale and went for a walk to the park in our neighborhood.
We decided to eat dinner at a local restaurant that used to be a Cotton Gin. The food is so authentic and homemade tasting. We had so much fun! After that we walked down to the river and listened to a band who was putting on a show out there. The weather was perfect, the food delicious and the company unbeatable!
Finally, we went over to the new TCBY and got some YOGURT! I love TCBY and there aren't many of them left! We just had the most wonderful family time celebrating Mike's life.
Happy Birthday, Mike! You are the love of my life and my best friend. Thanks for the memories!

1 comments:
Where is this restaurant that used to be a cotton gin? I may need to try that out next time I'm in town. Sounds like fun! ;)
Post a Comment