Wednesday, May 9, 2012

3 Years Old

To Mason:
I Love you
I am your parent, you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild

I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle

I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake

I am your lullaby, you are my peek-a-boo
I am your good night kiss, you are my I love you

What a blessing it is to be your mom!  My big strong three year old...you are so special.  You are also very smart!  On your third birthday, you can: recognize every letter in the alphabet - and tell me what sound many of them make, count to 20, count to 10 in Spanish, know all your colors and shapes (including hexagon, pentagon, octagon and parallelogram),  recognize and spell your name and a few other words as well, get dressed all by yourself, cook a waffle in the toaster - with close supervision, of course!, work the DVD player and buckle yourself in your car seat.  You can also sing along in Italian to Josh Groban - (which totally surprised your Daddy the first time he heard you do that!)
Your favorite color is orange - and you are always trying to wear the same pair of orange socks...even if they are dirty!  Your favorite drinks are apple juice and milk, and you like to eat crackers, strawberries and blueberries.   You say some of the funniest things.  I wish I could write all of them down - just tonight I asked you if you wanted to sing a certain song.  You replied, "Well, to tell you the truth, mom, I just can't."  hahaha.You have refused to eat carrots because you say they make you sad, and you won't eat chicken pot pie because you think it sounds too "dangerous."  You make life so interesting, son!
You still struggle quite a bit with separation anxiety from mommy, but we are working on it!  You are very observant and do a great job of reenacting different experiences and events.  You have the most incredible memory!  You often tell me of things you remember us doing from over a year ago.  That blows my mind!  You love to sing and dance and play your guitars, piano and toy violin.  You also love "shooting hoops", kicking the soccer ball and playing baseball and football.  You still just tolerate your baby sister, but I think deep down inside you really do love her, because when she is sleeping or not around you are constantly asking about her.  Mason, you are truly one of a kind and I couldn't be happier that you are my son.  You are the greatest!!  Happy Third Birthday.

0 comments: