Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jellybean Update

Today we had another OB appt for our little jellybean. I was disappointed that they didn't have an ultrasound scheduled, but it was still a great appointment. This time they did a fetal heart monitor. The Dr. put the device over my tummy and all of a sudden we could hear the little heart just pumping away. Suddenly the heartbeat stopped at the Dr. said, "oops, the baby moved!" Mike and I both freaked. "The baby moved!! The baby is moving!! Yay!" The Dr. laughed at us. She explained that while I can't feel it yet the baby is moving around in there already. It was so amazing.
We may (if we are so blessed!!) get to find out the sex of the baby before heading off to Texas for Thanksgiving next week. She called for my ultrasound screening appointment a little early (I will be 16 weeks). In the screening appt a radiologist specialist will perform an ultrasound and check for any abnormalities in the baby's growth and development. They also inform you of the sex of your baby!! So, I am amxiously awaiting a call from the hospital to schedule the appt. If they have any openings I might can squeeze in before we fly to Tx.
I also had some blood drawn today to test for genetic abnormalities that may be present in my DNA and could be passed on to Baby. Hopefully all is well in that dept as well.
I figured it is about time to do some belly pictures! I got that idea from my sister in law. It was so neat to see her growing belly on their blog. I will try to remember to have Mike take one for me. The doctor measured me at 15 weeks and three days today...one week farther along than we thought. I am getting so excited about finding out the sex of the baby and picking a name!! Maybe we will just stick with Jellybean. haha. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Oh, Amy, I so wish I could see my little pregnant Amy! Please do take pictures! I bet you are so cute! Email me your address so I can confirm I have the right one... Need to get your birthday present in the mail! Muahaha!

heather said...

That is so exciting to hear the heartbeat for the first time! I am looking forward to those belly pics and finding out if I will have another niece or a nephew!