Friday, November 14, 2008

The Marine Corps Ball

We had a great time at the Marine Corps Ball last Friday. It was a memorable evening and fun to get all dressed up! Mike's younger brother David is also in the Marines and is stationed here at the same base. His girlfriend, Amber, flew in for the Ball and we all went together.

The food was DELICIOUS! The first course was a yummy letteuce wedge with marinated artichokes, olives and tomatoes. They came to each plate and poured a balsamic vinegarette over the lettuce. It was one of the best salads I have ever tasted. The main course was tender short rib and marinated chicken served with mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies. Again, delicious. But the dessert was the best thing on the menu that night. They served cheesecake with a brownie bottom half served with a strawberry sauce and chocolate mint. Everyone was talking about it. We even snagged a little take-home carton to bring home what I couldn't eat.

I was really tired by the end of the evening. All that standing and walking in high heels while pregnant was not too great. But I still had fun. I bought my dress at Ross for $25.00 and was really impressed at how good it looked! I bought it before I knew I was pregnant so I was happy it had an empire waist to fit my growing belly! I also chose to do my own hair instead of getting it done. I felt very accomplished. Here are a few pictures from the evening:





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and who was that on the last picture? :)