Sunday, April 12, 2009

9 MONTHS!!!!! (And a nursery)

Happy Easter! (this is our Easter pic taken by Mike's bro)
Well, it is here! We have finally made it to 9 months. I had my 36 weeks dr appt on Friday. She did an ultrasound to make sure Mason was in the head-down position and he was! We got to see his head and spine and rear end...he was so crammed in there! Not much wiggle room at all. She measured my fluid levels and said they were great. She also checked to see if I had dilated any. I haven't yet, but she did say I was 25% effaced - which is progress!! She informed me that most women efface before they begin dilating. I am due back in 2 weeks to check the progress. Please say your prayers that this little one won't be late! I am very uncomfortable as he is putting a lot of pressure on my little body :)
Mike and I have been trying to take advantage of our last few weeks as a family of 2. We have gone to lots of movies, eaten out, and done pretty much anything we wanted to. I still have a few things to purchase for my hospital bag, but I plan on getting packed this week. Mason's bag is all packed and ready to go!
We finally finished the nursery as well! YAY! (Pictures down below). Without further ado - here is our 9 month belly pics. I hope these are the last ones of Mason in my tummy!

Mommy and Mason at 36 Weeks!!

Gigantic Bare Belly.
Nursery Pics!!!!!

Changing table and awesome artwork (via mason's mom)

Bookshelf and Dresser. A couple at church generously donated some of their kiddo's baby books for us to have!

Mike and I painted the letters - so fun!

His bedding and giraffe buddy waiting on him. I made the quilt, the bumper pads, and the little blanket draped on the side of the bed.

The quilt! Sorry it looks so wrinkled...


Close up!

4 comments:

Joni McDoniel said...

So cute! Both the nursery and you! I love the colors of your nursery!

heather said...

You did an awesome job on the quilt Amy! What a special keepsake for Mason. Hang in there and keep trying to enjoy your freedom while you wait!

Leslie said...

Super mom! You did such a great job on the bedding and quilt. Oh my goodness. Everything is super cute.

Leslie

The Brackeens said...

Yeah! You're almost to term! I am thrilled Hudson came at 37 weeks and spared me the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. I know those must be bad. You are getting big. Still adorable, though. No stretch marks, so that's a plus! ;) I'm glad you are packed (or close) because I was going to pack on Saturday and went into labor on Friday! Oops! Can't wait to see him!