Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4 Weeks Old!!

I can't believe my sweet little boy is already four weeks old. The time has really flown by. He already has such a big personality and he changes every day. Thankfully, we have made some progress this last week. The pediatrician told us to add some rice cereal to Mason's bottle, in the hopes it would help with his reflux. It has! He has actually been taking naps in his swing for several hours at a time. This means I get to take naps too! And do things like brush my teeth (mike is especially thankful for that one), cook dinner, and do laundry. It has been great.
Mason still sleeps much better during the day than at night, but we are slowly making progress. He is eating more than ever, and gaining weight every day. Mike and I were both commenting on how heavy he feels lately.
I thought I would list some fun things that Mason does that we love :)
We call him our little tree frog - when we hold him on our chests he draws his arms and leg up and looks like a cute little tree frog. Love it!
He makes these whooping sounds that we call his "Apache War Yell" - we joke that he is calling the Apaches.
When he gets really upset he has this cry that sounds like a billy goat. It totally cracks us up.
He is a motor-skills over achiever! He can already hold his own bottle, criss-cross his fingers, and has been able to roll over onto his belly since week two! I will try to get a video of him rolling over and post it :)
All in all we are so insanely in love with this precious little soul that there aren't words to describe it. Despite the crying, sleep deprivation and delirium, we wouldn't change a thing about our little angel. He is the most amazing person we have ever met.
We love you Mason! These last four weeks have been the most meaningful weeks of our lives. We are so proud of you. Here are some pics:
Sometimes life is so hard... ha ha. Love this one.
Mason finishing up feeding himself a bottle.
Criss-crossed fingers! He's ready to lead a prayer.

2 comments:

Joni McDoniel said...

So sweet! I am so happy that it is getting a little easier! Your 'little tree frog' is precious!

The Brackeens said...

Hudson does that criss-cross finger thing and it's hilarious. It makes them seem so grown up. I'm impressed he can hold his own bottle. Of course, Hudson holds something else when he eats...:) but not the bottle yet. He hasn't had as much practice. Mason is such a little Mikey. I love it. He'll get his days and nights straight any day now. The first month is really tough in that way.