Ok, funny story. A week ago Mike and I decided to take advantage of some great sales going on for baby furniture. We went ahead and ordered all the furniture for Jellybean's room and saved quite a bit of money! We got a call on Friday afternoon that our furniture was already in. We decided we would head over on Saturday morning to pick it all up. When we got there, the boxes were so HUGE there was no way to fit it all in our Jeep. We ended up taking 2 pieces inside the car, tying one on top, and having to make a second trip for the last piece. We were both tired and hungry when we finally got the first three pieces ready for transport. We decided to get a hamburger at our favorite place on the way home. Traffic was terrible and it was raining. Needless to say, Mike and I got in a huge argument when he made a wrong turn and then tried to blame it on me (the nerve! Ha ha). We were sitting in angry silence by the time we pulled up to the correct intersection. A homeless man was standing on the median
screaming "Merry Christmas!" and then cracking up at himself. He was drunk out of his mind. I tried not to smile. That proved impossible when the man busted out with a new version of Deck the Halls.
He sang, "Deck the halls with marijuana, decorate the tree with LSD." Mike and I looked at each other and began laughing hysterically. We were cracking up so hard we didn't hear the rest of the song. That was the end of the argument! I guess God really can use ANYONE to accomplish His will. We will never hear Deck the Halls and not think of that crazy man.
It turned out to be a great day! We got some furniture put together and ended the evening downtown at the Nutcracker Ballet!!!!! Mike bought me tickets for my birthday. It was AMAZING. Here are some pics.
This was the inside of "Spreckles Theatre" - it was gorgeous!
The Beautiful curtain

At the Ballet!

Our new glider and ottoman

Mike beginning construction on the crib

Jake was exiled to the hall with the help of the baby gate. He hates being left out.

2 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!! I love it. I'm going to have to send Chad over to read it. Of course, I am really looking forward to tomorrow's post! :) And now I must nag him more...you guys have a nursery already and ours is still an office. We haven't picked out our furniture yet! At least we have a theme (cars and planes) and that's been ordered.
Sounds like a lot of fun!! When I saw the title, the first thing I thought was that the walls in the theater must have had some kind of marijuana looking design on them... But I was completely wrong and waaaay off! Great story! Poor Jake!
Post a Comment