Monday, December 22, 2008

The Name Game

We have finally picked a name for our little boy. But before I share it, I thought I would chronicle all of the suggestions we had from crazy family and friends.
My dad (whose name is Thomas) has been suggesting Vicente Tomas since before I was pregnant. Hilarious...and not a chance.
My brother (who happens to be named Scott Thomas) just stated, "So it's going to be Scott Thomas Cabrero, right?" My husband responded with a, "No, we want something cool." Nice comeback.
My other brother Doug wanted us to name the baby Romero. That's right. Romero Cabrero. Again, hilarious.
My college roommate suggested we name the baby after the pet hermit crab we illegally concealed in our dorm room freshman yr of college. The crab's name was Emilio. No thanks.
And finally, my mother-in-law thought I might like to name the baby after my brothers...all four of them. The name would've been something like "Michael-Gordon-Douglas-Scott Cabrero." I guess we could have just shortened it to MGDS. Sounds like a medical disorder of some kind.
So, we picked a name on our own.
And it is: Mason Michael Cabrero! We both loved the name when we heard it. AND, despite the fact that Aunt Cindy named her dog Mason (we'll have to get their pictures made together), we are happy with the choice.
We do, however, reserve the right to change the name at any point in the future before the birth of the child (that's the lawyer in me speaking). But, I don't see that happening. We are officially retiring Jellybean and will be blogging about Mason from now on!
It is also time for another belly pic! Here is Mason and Mommy at 20 weeks:

5 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE IT! Its perfect Amy. Little Baby Mason. So sweet. You look awesome my dear. Y'all have a great Christmas

Joni McDoniel said...

What a sweet name! You look great, Amy! Have a merry Christmas!

hkhines said...

That name is adorable! I love it!!

Shellie said...

I do love Mason Michael! Though I do think Emilio Cabrero sounds great as well! Haha! I love the pictures! And I love you! Hope your Christmas was awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's real pretty ;) Those must have been most memorable and exciting times :)