Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving and More

Sorry it has taken me so long to blog about our Texas Thanksgiving trip! I have been a busy bee doing x-mas shopping for Mike and Jake lately. Also, I have been attempting to make a "guest suite" for my best friend Michelle who will be flying out here on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with me! As many of you know, Mike was unexpectedly called in to work (standing duty) on Christmas Day. The shift will last for 24 hours. Instead of me spending an exhilarating Christmas day at home with the dog (sarcasm), we arranged for Michelle to come spend the holidays here!! I can't wait to see her. After losing everything in the fire I have been shopping like crazy to get sheets, pillows, blankets, etc for her stay.
AND...we have a date scheduled for our ultrasound! December 17th! Hopefully this time next week we will have a gender and quite possibly a name to share! We are counting down the days. I have already been explaining to Jellybean that he/she needs to cooperate and not cross legs on the big day. I think we may have a soccer player on our hands because the baby kicks me all the time!
Our Thanksgiving was great! We spent time with both sides of the family and with friends. Mike had the best surprise for me...he had emailed my big sis from Kojies after the fire and told her how upset I was to lose my drop (it is the gold necklace with the kojie symbol on it that we get when we make it into club). I had wanted to someday pass it down to my daughter. She showed up with a new drop AND a basket full of t-shirts, cups, tote bags, etc that had been donated by the kojies and the ACU alumni office to replace all I had lost. It was the best! Thanks Mike and Leslie...you guys are awesome. Here are some pics from t-giving!

My cousin Shauna & I celebrating our b-days together (family tradition)

The red velvet cake with cream cheese icing
Bro and sis in law
Sweeeeeet Nieces Avery and Brooklyn

Niece Avery with Aunt Amy and Uncle Mike
(I might have been tickling her. Ha ha)

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Haha! Glad you guys had fun for Thanksgiving! Still really upset that your b-day present isn't working! And so happy for you that you got some Kojie stuff and your drop! That is so cool!
Love you!

Matt said...

Cute pics!
-mv

The Brackeens said...

I can't wait to hear! And I'm jealous you already have names picked out. We have nothing...I'm sure 4 months will be enough to figure it out. And isn't the kicking cool!?!?

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm coming!