The ultrasound went great and everything looks healthy on Jellybean. And I know you are in suspense so without further ado....Jellybean..... is.....a.....BOY! I must admit I really really wanted a girl, but I am just thankful that the baby is healthy and active. We almost didn't get to find out the gender. Jellybean was keeping us in suspense...he had both hands cupped right over his crotch. The ultrasound technician was laughing at him. She pressed down hard on my tummy to try and force him to move his little hands and it worked. She said, "It's a boy!" I was thinking..."It's an ornery boy! Just like his big "brother" Jake!" I have a feeling we will have a house-full of boys. I have been outnumbered by them all my life with four brothers - so it is fitting for the tradition to continue. Mike was excited because he really wanted a boy - or a "fishin' buddy" as he called it.
Mike got to feel him kick the other night. He was just going crazy in my tummy. Mike suggested we change "jellybean" to "ninja" - I thought that was pretty funny.
We had a name picked out if the baby was going to be a girl...but we don't have any boy names yet. We are planning on doing some shopping and name searching this week. I am anxious to start calling the baby by the name we choose for him. My mom suggested that we simply name the baby after the dog. Then I could write a children's book and call it, "The Adventures of Jake and Jake." Mike nixed that one haha.
We have a couple of names we are kicking around...although we seem to have a hard time coming up with serious choices. We keep throwing out names like "optimus prime" or "maximus decimus meridius." Hopefully we can start being serious about it now!
Here are some pictures of my sweet little boy:
Here is his little foot!
And here is his profile...plus an arm and a hand thrown in. I don't know if he was sucking his thumb or not. He is so cute!

5 comments:
He is so precious! I love the little profile shot. We are so happy for you guys and glad that he is healthy! Yay- a nephew!
Optimus Prime Cabrero... Yeah, I can see it! Gotta a nice ring to it! Haha! What about Emilio?!
I was guessing a boy for you 2. You have plenty of time to have a girl. :)And he'll be there to beat up all of their boyfriends...that is if Mike doesn't do it first! Tell me about the stupid name thing...that's pretty much all Chad can suggest, but he goes with Susquehanna (a river in PA) and crazy names in the Bible like Abimelech. He's gotta choose sometime. And most important, I'm so glad he's healthy.
So happy for you! I can't wait to meet "little Jake!" Or is it "little Mike?" Either way, congrats!
Chet
Ha ha Shellie. I don't think Mike would go for naming our firstborn after my old pet hermit crab. Lol. You crack me up.
Post a Comment