Here is Mike and the kiddos right before he and I left for dinner.
Getting ready to get our grub on!
We picked "Simply Fondue" for our anniversary restaurant. It was SO delicious. The great thing about fondue is that you have to cook every bite of food, so it makes for a long leisurely dinner. We had some great conversation and had fun stuffing our faces full of food. We started off with a delicious strawberry, spinach and almond salad. It was the best salad I have ever tasted!
The first course of dinner was cheese. They brought several kinds of bread, vegetables and even fruit for us to dip into the warm cheese. We chose a Wisconsin cheddar that had beer in it! Here is Mike and our yummy cheese dip.
The second course is meat - and each of us were able to select three choices. I chose bacon wrapped filet, garlic chicken and swiss chicken. Mike chose tiger shrimp, mahi mahi and some other kind of chicken I can't remember! They also brought potatoes, ravioli, stuffed mushrooms and veggies to cook along with our meat. We were so stuffed by the end of it - but not too stuffed for dessert!
Unfortunately we were so excited about dessert that I didn't get a photo of all the yummyness! This is what was left! We chose a campfire chocolate to dip in. It was dark chocolate, milk chocolate, marshmallow creme and pecans. They brought brownies, rice krispy treats, wafers, marshmallows, and fruit for us to dip into the chocolate. I felt like I never wanted to eat again once we left the restaurant! We had so much fun.
The happy couple! It was so dark in the restaurant that pics were difficult. But we made do.
Here is a beautiful view of downtown as we left the restaurant. If I hadn't missed my babies so much we could have walked around downtown and enjoyed the atmosphere. But, I was ready to get home and see my sweethearts! I loved having dinner alone with Mike, but I was sure missing those kids by the end of it. Happy 6 years! Here's to 60 more!

0 comments:
Post a Comment